Friday, July 24, 2009

Tuolumne Meadows

We just returned from four days camping in Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park. The weather was perfect, the girls were able to get totally filthy and have a great time, Grandma Vickie and Grandpa Ian were there, and our Scamp worked great. Zach was able to climb three of the days, and I even squeezed in a climb while Grandma, Grandpa and "Aunt Edith" watched the girls! I only wish we could've stayed longer.

If you want to see lots more photos, as usual, they are posted to flickr.

Victoria and Constance free-solo one of Yosemite's great monoliths.

The girls got to try out the littleist climbing gear - I think they liked it!

That's Zach at the top of the climb, waving at the girls,
who came to watch their Daddy climb the rocks.
Zach and I on Lembert Dome, which we climbed with our good friend Kirtus.

3 comments:

Zach Smith said...

Katie,
The 4 days in Yosemite went to fast. I wish I hung out with the girls more after looking at flicker. The pictures of the Z-tree climb turned out awsome.
See you in 36 hours

z

Laura said...

Katie~

I love seeing your blogs and all of the photos!! Your camping trip sounds like it was so much fun. Love your new camper and the curtains you made are fantastic! I love the fabric you chose.

See you soon,
Laura :)

Kimmie said...

I dont' know how you did it! Caleb and I went "camping" for a half a day and it was a nightmare.