Tuesday, June 8, 2010

LA Trips


It seems like we've been in LA a lot lately. Between Team Rubicon, Lifeguarding, and trips to see Grandma and Grandpa, we've seen a lot of Interstate 5 this year. But actually, we really enjoy it. The girls are stellar on the drives, they love watching their movies and singing songs in the car. Zach and I love it because we get 7-8 hours of actual conversation, listening to the radio, and reading aloud to each other.

Last week we were in LA for my sister Erin's birthday Disneyland trip. We spent Memorial Day with some of our friends from Team Rubicon, did a fair amount of swimming at Ian and Vickie's, and went to Disneyland twice. I actually took the girls my myself on Thursday to meet my sister, bro-in-law and niece. The girls were so well behaved and I was a proud mama. We also attended the Downey Greek Festival, which was lots of fun and really yummy! On Saturday, Zach was the commencement speaker for the 8th grade promotion at Our Lady of Perpetual Help School.

We were home for two days and are now back. Zach was part of a promotional shoot for VH-1's Do Something Awards and Team Rubicon, and this morning we attended a live broadcast of Dennis Prager's radio show from the Reagan Presidential Library. Tomorrow Zach hopes to work lifeguards and then we'll drive home.

I was very excited to see Dennis Prager, he is my favorite radio host. The show today wasn't one of his best, but it was fun and still exciting to be there. We waited in line afterwards to meet him and his producer, Alan. I didn't really know what to say to him, simply because I knew I'd only have 10 seconds to meet him and I could say so much! So I thanked him for being such a big part of my day, told him that I appreciate his thinking, etc. I didn't make a fool out of myself so that's good.

I'll link some LA Pics next. There are LOTS more on flickr.

1 comment:

gayle said...

I know Vickie and Ian love having you all!!!