Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chicago

Back in early May (it doesn't seem that long ago!) I was able to join Zach on a short trip to Chicago. He was going for a fundraiser and leadership meeting for Team Rubicon and I went because, well, the fundraiser sounded like fun and I really wanted to get away. I had never been to the "Windy City" and my cousin Amanda lives there with her family. All combined, those were four very valid reasons to go!

We had a fabulous time. I actually went to a bar (!) and had a few drinks. Yes, I even danced a bit (needless to say, it's been quite awhile.) Zach was in meetings during the day, so I was able to explore the city by myself, which I love to do. I met up with Amanda, her husband Jason, and their adorable baby Scarlett, for a really nice brunch and I spent an entire afternoon in the Chicago Art Institute, which was wonderful. I went to mass on Sunday (which was also Mother's Day, so that felt a little weird, being with neither my children nor my mother) and then flew home.

Unfortunately, I was enjoying myself so much, I didn't take many pictures. I'm not good about shooting photos when I'm by myself.



1 comment:

gayle said...

Glad you had such a great time! I love Chicago!!!