Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wicked

the set from our seats

Zach and I were able to have an overnight getaway to San Francisco to see the musical "Wicked." My parents gave us tickets for my birthday, and they took the girls for the night. We so rarely go out alone, even to dinner, that this was a real treat. It was also really needed for us.

It was actually a perfect San Francisco trip, which is rare. Trips, even day trips, to SF are usually fraught with traffic, parking woes, confusion and delay. We had no traffic, found street parking across from our little hotel, took the street car directly to the theatre, enjoyed a wonderful play, and made it back to spend the evening in a sweet old hotel that only charged $75 a night. It was absolutely wonderful.
The best part for me was simply being able to see a show. Attending musicals used to be my number one, favorite activity. Then real life called and I didn't have time. Then kids called and I didn't have discretionary spending money. It was wonderful to be able to take it all in. The conductor, the music, the sets, costumes, the ensemble, the leads... all of it. Fantastic. Thank you, mom and dad!

1 comment:

gayle said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Bryson spends the night with us about every 2 to 3 weeks but it is usually when Sean is working. Think the next time I will suggest keeping him when Sean is off and then the can spend time together.