Tuesday, April 6, 2010

St Patrick's Day


I guess for most people, St Patrick's day is either an obscure holiday, or a reason to get drunk, but in my family it is a big deal. I am equal parts O'Neill and Cullivan, which makes me a whole lot Irish, with a little bit of other European heritage thrown in just to make me interesting. Also, because my birthday is the day after St Pat's (March 18, for those of you totally out of the loop,) we oftentimes celebrate my day of birth as we celebrate the holy Saint Patrick.

My sister and brother-in-law hosted our party this year. Glammie made corned beef and cabbage, with potatoes (of course) and carrots, and I was in charge of the Irish Soda Bread. I couldn't find my usual recipe, got confused by the many versions online and in my recipe binder, and felt like an overachiever, so I baked three different recipes. Jason provided the Guinness. It was awesome.

Probably the best part of the evening, for me, was my birthday gift from Glammie and Guapo. Tickets to see Wicked in San Francisco the next week! PLUS, overnight babysitting!! Woo hoo. Date night :)

1 comment:

gayle said...

Oh you are so lucky what an awesome bday present!! Several years ago we wanted to see Wicked in NY but couldn't get tickets.!!