Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday Party

Tomorrow Constance and Victoria will be two years old! I really wanted to have a party for them with some of their cutie-pie toddler buddies, but when I totaled our invite list, there were 24 people! My house is WAY too small for 18 adults and 6 toddlers, so we decided to stick with family.

Thankfully, Ian and Vickie drove up for the weekend, so they were able to be here. The girls, especially Constance, have been so into drawing lately, I had yards and yards of paper with drawing on it, and I was feeling bad just getting rid of it. So, I made invitations with their artwork on the front, and a picture of them drawing on the inside with the message, "We'll draw and paint with every hue, Constance and Victoria are turning two."
This became an art theme, and I had so much fun at home depot picking out flowers and paint swatches to decorate with! I bought painters' caps for 98 cents each, and put nametags on them with Disney paint swatches. I love how the cake turned out! I had the idea to do an artist's palette, so I googled "artist palette cake" and found a picture that matched my idea exactly! I used it as a guide and it helped a lot.The girls had lots of fun opening presents; our family friend, Kathleen, made them ballerina skirts! Constance danced and twirled, and Victoria got a kick taking hers off, then putting it on. Again, and again, and again!
As always, many more pics on flickr!

3 comments:

gayle said...

As always -----loved the pictures and the blog. Super great idea about the invitations. I clicked on the photo to enlarge it and you can really see the detail. Love the cake too. I know Vickie and Ian must have had a wonderful time with the girls. I will have to call her so she can brag:) We grandparents love to do that. Keep the pictures and blog coming. I am addicted to grandkids it seems (mine and others)

Kimmie said...

That cake turned out awesome. I love the invite as well. Super cute.

Bianca said...

Happy Birthday girls! I can't believe they are already 2! Time surely does go by fast. They are so precious!