Saturday, March 14, 2009

St Patrick's Day Parade


Glammie's Girls
Originally uploaded by katiesgirls
Zach sent me a text at 8:00 this morning: "Saint paddies day parade blue oaks 9:00." He'd just gotten to work and learned that a: there would be a parade today and b: they would be in it on the fire engine. So, of course, I need to bring the girls! Only problem was, they weren't up yet, not to mention fed and dressed. No problem, I said, see you there!

We made it, and had a great time. I even rounded up Glammie, my sister Erin and her husband Jason and 4-week daughter Audrey. We all even wore our green! There was a band, but the girls loved the horses, donkeys, doggies, and llamas -- oops, they were actually alpacas. (The owner made sure to correct me from the parade)

Of course, their favorite part was Daddy and his fire engine. All day Constance has been saying, "Daddy, rade! Daddy, rade!" (She can't say "p" yet)

Another cute thing about this morning: as we were waiting for the parade to begin, I couldn't help but notice all the names that parents were calling out to their kids. I've never seen so many Katies, Bridgets and Erins in one place!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

So cute! What a day! And what an accomplishment to get two girls up, fed, and dressed in less than an hour not to mention your rally skills. Well done.